- Recycling areas do not need to be large or use expensive recycling containers. They just need to be functional.
- Use plastic bags or totes to store materials for recycling. Paper bags can be leaky and rip easily. Try to use smaller containers, as they will be easier to lift when full.
- Label recycling bins to ensure materials are separated correctly.
- Choose products with the highest percentage of "post-consumer" recycled content.
- Clean bottles and tins before putting in the recycling bin. This prevents insects and unpleasant odors, both at home and at the recycling station.
Once your system is set up, recycling is easy!